Intermediate Support Analyst
Would you like to join a fast-paced managed services team where your decisions have a direct impact on the business? Simnet is looking for a bright, passionate and highly motivated Intermediate IT Support Analyst to provide excellent customer service and IT support to our clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your non-technical abilities include:
- Able to work within a team environment and utilizing other resources with good judgment
- Able to demonstrate high initiative and ownership of issues
- Able to excel in making customers feel great about their support experience regardless of the outcome
- Able to follow internal procedures and reliably perform real-time ticket documentation
- Able to work at a fast pace and achieve pre-determined goals
- Able to own and manage small projects under specific customer guidelines
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Must be ready and willing to commit to continuous education, certification, and self-improvement
- Must be willing and able to travel to client site as needed. A reliable vehicle is needed for this position
- Able and ready to work during our business hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Flexibility is required given the nature of the business
- Able to participate in a rotating 24x7, on-call schedule along with after hour maintenance
Your technical abilities include:
- 3+ years of solid IT help desk skills. Experience in managed services (MSP) or value-added reseller (VAR) environment is a plus
- Second level support for customer questions received via telephone calls, call-backs, emails, and help desk requests
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of and complete relatively complex tasks, effectively using available resources, as needed, with minimal guidance
- Maintain timely and accurate helpdesk records using the ticketing system; familiarity with ConnectWise or other ticketing tools
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues across a wide range of routers, switches, modems, wireless controllers, and other communication devices
- Installing, maintaining, programming and testing networking hardware
- Knowledge and experience with Layer 1 and Layer 2 troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of routing protocols; concepts such as DNS, TCP/IP, ports, protocols (HTTP, HTTPS)
- Microsoft Windows XP/7/8/10, Microsoft Outlook and the Office Suite, including Office365
- Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience troubleshooting email service such as Microsoft Exchange.
- Networking connectivity/equipment TCP/IP for both LAN and WAN topologies, including routers, managed switches, VLANs, WLANs, NAT, firewalls
- Familiarity with Remote Monitoring software such as N-able and TeamViewer.
- Data Backup Technologies: Veeam Backup and Replication, Veeam Cloud Connect, and other cloud backup technologies
- Server virtualization
- Document the infrastructure architecture environment
Qualifications and Skills
Additional weight will be given to candidate with the following:
- MSCE, MCE or MCP certifications
- Network +
- CompTIA Security+
- ITIL® v.3 Foundation certification
Diploma/degree in computer science or networking infrastructure studies.
What we offer:
- Continuous growth and development
- A casual work environment
- Employee Health Spending Account
- Paid cell phone plan and laptop after 3 months’ probation
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Customer Service experience do you have?
- How many years of IT Support experience do you have?
- How many years of Troubleshooting experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
- Are you in Whitby, ON?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driver's Licence required?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Full access to vehicle?