Junior IT Support Analyst
Job Summary - Junior IT Support Analyst
Would you like to join a fast-paced managed services team where your decisions have a direct impact on the business? Simnet is looking for a bright, passionate and highly motivated Junior IT Support Analyst to provide excellent customer service and IT support to our clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your non-technical abilities include:
- Able to work within a team environment and utilizing other resources with good judgment
- Able to demonstrate high initiative and ownership of issues
- Able to excel in making customers feel great about their support experience regardless of the outcome
- Able to follow internal procedures and reliably perform real-time ticket documentation
- Able to work at a fast pace and achieve pre-determined goals
- Able to own and manage small projects under specific customer guidelines
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Must be ready and willing to commit to continuous education, certification, and self-improvement
- Must be willing and able to travel to client site as needed. A reliable vehicle is needed for this position
- Able and ready to work during our business hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Flexibility is required given the nature of the business
- Able to participate in a rotating 24x7, on-call schedule along with after hour maintenance
Your technical abilities include:
- 1+ years of solid IT help desk skills. Experience in managed services (MSP) or value-added reseller (VAR) environment is a plus
- First level support for customer questions received via telephone calls, call-backs, emails, and help desk requests
- Familiarity with ConnectWise or other ticketing tools.
- Ensure that requests are properly logged, assigned, and responded to in a timely manner and according to agreed SLA’s
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention - have the wherewithal to recognize where more eyes are needed
- Support and maintenance of Firewalls, Servers (VMWare and Windows Server 2003-2016), network equipment (switches, routers and access points), server applications (Active Directory, Exchange 2007-2016, SQL, PHP and PostgreSQL databases, etc.) including the monitoring of server performance and disk space requirements
- Assist in ensuring the data center infrastructure can support the requirements of the business as we continue to expand
- Configure, deploy & support PCs / Laptops /Smart Phones and other equipment
- Maintain and support printers and other network peripherals
- Microsoft Windows XP/7/8/10, Microsoft Outlook and the Office Suite, including Office365
- Remote Support Tools – such as N-able and TeamViewer
- Malware/virus clean-up and maintenance
- Hardware and software troubleshooting, installation and repair
- E-mail client configuration (Outlook, iOS and Android)
- Networking (basic knowledge of switches, firewalls, VPN clients, wireless networking)
- Basic experience with Windows Server Active Directory
Qualifications and Skills
Additional weight will be given to candidate with the following:
- MSCE, MCE or MCP certifications
- Network +
- CompTIA Security+
- ITIL® v.3 Foundation certification
Diploma/degree in computer science or networking infrastructure studies.
What we offer:
- Continuous growth and development
- A casual work environment
- Employee Health Spending Account
- Paid cell phone plan and laptop after 3 months’ probation
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Customer Service experience do you have?
- How many years of IT Support experience do you have?
- How many years of Troubleshooting experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
- Are you in Whitby, ON?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driver's Licence required?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Full access to vehicle?